Multiple CHESS institutions have embarked on an initiative to align systems and operational processes through the procurement and implementation of a common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Student Information System (SIS) platform. CHESS is excited to bring onboard a CHESS Workday Support Team (WST) Systems Analyst to help implement and organize an information security office to protect our member organizations’ most valuable resource, our data.
Duties and Responsibilities
CHESS is seeking an experienced Systems Analyst to join our WST. The role will consult with business leaders and stakeholders in the design and development process to create solutions that drive efficiency, reduce operational costs, and mitigate risk. This position will help implement and organize an information security office to protect our member organizations’ most valuable resource, our data. The position also participates in all phases of Workday enhancements and ongoing support processes including requirement gathering and analysis, functional and technical design, testing, deployment, and supports integrated, scalable, and robust integrations to support our Workday application. This position will provide support for our O365 environment. They will work in partnership with cross-functional teams to define requirements and ensure a seamless transfer of data within our systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building relationships with all appropriate stakeholders and key leads at member institutions in various areas to ensure overall information security office success.
- Investigating, analyzing, and reviewing security breaches and preparing the executive and tactical recommendations report for appropriate control improvements.
- Leading risk and vulnerability assessments for information systems, applications, and network infrastructure environments.
- Identifying threats to the confidentiality, integrity, availability, accountability, and relevant compliance of information systems and ensuring the appropriate response to vulnerability information, including the use of forensics.
- Monitoring the application and compliance of security operations procedures and reviewing information systems for actual or potential breaches in security.
- Conducting security control reviews across a full range of control types and techniques for information systems applications and computer installations and recommending appropriate action to management.
- Providing expertise and guidance on the application and operation of all types of security controls, including legislative and/or regulatory requirements such as data protection and software copyright law.
- Devising and documenting new / revised policies and procedures relating to security control of all IT environments, systems, products, or services to demonstrate continual improvement in control.
- Support and improve Workday integrations to ensure best practice and that they are built to scale.
- Support and improve Workday technical aspects such as reporting and security to ensure best practice and that they are built to scale.
- Support our O365 environment to include participating in design, planning, and implementing new and existing Office 365 services.
- Design and develop technical requirements.
- Support relationships with business leaders and stakeholders to understand problems, assess risks and benefits and present solutions.
- Use critical thinking, experimentation, and industry best practice to achieve desired outcomes.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in equivalent role on complex system implementation and business change project
- Workday implementation experience
- Strong track record of investigating and responding to security breaches
- Knowledge of relevant college or university information security procedures and policies
- Experience with Workday Security
- Experience with enterprise-scale testing (e.g., user, stress, regression, etc.)
- Experience with foundational and modern SDLC methods (e.g., Waterfall, Scrum, etc.)
- Experience with Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams, and other supporting services in Office 365
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and integrity
- Excellent customer service and business focused approach
- To provide system solutions by gathering and analyzing business requirements
- To oversee the full testing cycle including the investigation and resolution of testing issues
- Responsible for troubleshooting any complex or technical issues reported by the business
- Responsible for the health and maintenance of the Workday system
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field
- Experience with and a broad understanding of higher education challenges and the application of technology solutions to resolving those challenges
- Experience performing risk assessments and business impact analyses for major academic and administrative systems
- Expertise in industry standards and practices related to data and network security
Work Environment/Physical Demands
This position is fully remote, and the candidate is responsible for supplying their own office. CHESS will provide equipment and supplies required for the duties assigned. The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing stooping, bending, crouching, or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light objects, uses tools or equipment requiring a high degree of dexterity, and distinguishes between shades of color.
If this exciting opportunity is appealing, please submit a letter of interest, resume, and any relevant supporting materials to the CHESS Workday Support Manager, Michael Chavez-Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org. For best consideration, please submit application materials by October 31, 2023.